Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Advent, Christmas, Snow, the WHOLE Deal!

So it's going on three weeks since my last post. After posting each day of the month of November, I guess my brain was a little shot. I am working on some ideas for the new year because it's about time to shake things up.

After leaving the four weeks leading up to Christmas last year entirely to Advent, I cracked and put up the Christmas tree and other decorations this year on November 25th. It's just what I'm used to. And I was bored that day, and the football game wasn't being shown on television, and, well, what do you want me to say?? One year spent in a monastery couldn't change everything, you know. I did miss not being surrounded by everything, but it was nice to get a little Advent on my Saturday
nights.

I didn't make it home for Christmas day this year, but instead spent it with my Benedictine family. I enjoyed it very much, and it filled that spot in my heart that I know I would not be able to fill anywhere else, but I did miss my family back in my hometown. I will be visiting them this weekend. It makes for present suspense!

And the BEST thing happened on Christmas Eve just before the evening service at the Mount. SNOW! Unfortunately it all but disappeared by Christmas morning, but it was pretty while it lasted. Although, the day after Christmas brought at least 6 inches. I like snow. I missed it last year. Had tons of property around me to play in...hardly any snow. Go figure.






Some holiday baking. I did make cutouts, unfortunately there is no photographic evidence.

Our first real snow of the year! The steps, walkway, and sidewalk to the house were all shoveled twice since 5pm. You'd never know.

With the flash so you can see the amount of snow in the air!




No comments:

Post a Comment